New York Elder Law
New York Elder Law Checklist
Wouldn’t it be nice to know that what you value most is preserved for your family and loved ones? Each Littman Krooks Elder Law attorney is committed to developing a long term relationship with our clients. Every Elder Law attorney takes a multigenerational approach to your NY Elder Law planning to ensure your present and future needs are met.
- Advance planning can help you maintain independence and a sense of control over your financial affairs.
- By planning in advance and making your decisions known, you can ensure that your wishes will be followed in the future.
- Advance planning can significantly reduce the burden on your family and loved ones.
Let an experienced Littman Krooks Elder Law Lawyer help
Each Littman Krooks Manhattan and White Plains Elder Law Lawyer will:
- Protect your hard-earned assets from the catastrophic costs of a long-term illness
- Protect your assets from estate taxes
- Help you provide financial security for your family and loved ones
- Save you money by making sure that you are in compliance with federal and state laws
Advance Planning Tools:
A Durable Power of Attorney lets you name a person of your choice to handle your financial affairs should you become physically disabled or mentally incapacitated.
A Health Care Proxy allows you to appoint a person of your choice to make health care decisions for you in the event you can no longer make such decisions for yourself.
A Living Will contains your specific instructions and directions regarding your choice of consenting to or refusing medical treatment, including life-sustaining measures.
Elder Law Checklist
Each New York and White Plains Elder Law Lawyer believes that each of the items on the attached checklist are an integral part of each client’s eldercare plan.